Sponsorship of Copmanthorpe Carnival provides great exposure for any company.
Copmanthorpe Carnival now attracts a city wide audience with c 5,000 York residents once again attending in 2016.
The Minster FM Music Festival stage features bands from the York area performing throughout the day, broadcast live on 104.7 minster FM to its 71,000 listeners across the county. BBC Radio York also usually conduct interviews on the day.
Local playgroups, dance groups and other artists perform on and in front of the stage at various times during the day, contributing to a great main event that draws big crowds all day.
Fun is to be had all over the field, with attractions ranging from fairground favourites to bungee trampolines, inflatables and a climbing wall.
Refreshment is provided at our Food Court, burger BBQ and tea tent, all of which are staffed by our volunteers.
Local organisations, charities and commercial traders showcase their goods in the stalls village and York City FC and other city organisations are well represented.
Copmanthorpe Carnival is run entirely by volunteers and village associations, promoting a community feel for families from across York to enjoy.
The Carnival has its own website which will include everything visitors need to know about the event, including photo galleries and all the latest news of the music line-up and could feature the Sponsors logo and details. See www.copmanthorpecarnival.org.uk
Our Twitter feed and Facebook page will keep you in touch with any breaking news and updates on Carnival day. Follow us on @copcarnival.
This year the carnival will be held on Saturday 8th July, from Midday to 6pm. The theme of the event this year is ‘Superheroes’
Sponsorship of the Carnival – What’s in it for You?
Main Carnival Sponsor
Sponsoring Copmanthorpe Carnival is a great way for your business to get involved with one of York’s highest profile summer events. Our marketing campaign is varied and extensive and your name will be included on all carnival promotional material as well as throughout the Carnival itself. As Event Sponsor your company will have the following benefits:
• Your logo on all our Carnival posters, roadside banners, leaflets and the Carnival Website
• Branding on the Big Stage (along with Minster FM)
• A central site on Carnival day to display your literature and talk to potential customers/clients
• Banner sites around the Carnival field
• A designated Sponsor’s page on the Carnival Website with links to your own site
• A Double Page colour advert in the Carnival Programmes. (3,000 Programmes are pre-sold around the village in the weeks leading up to Carnival. These form the admission ‘ticket’ to the main event so are kept and read)
• Your logo on our posters and leaflets which can be seen around York city centre and surrounding villages in the build-up to the event. These are distributed to shops, pubs, schools, gyms, offices and several other outlets including doctors and dentists.
• Your logo included in all our advertising. The event is promoted by the city’s leading media outlets;
o 104.7 minster FM, the top commercial radio station in the region, broadcast live from the stage on Carnival Day as well as promoting the event in the weeks leading up to the big day.
o ‘The Press’, York’s local paper, includes interviews with organisers, press releases and details of the Carnival before the event, as well as a review of the day.
o ‘Local Link’ advertising
o ‘What’s-on’ websites including York Press, York 360, York Mix and many more
o Carnival is also listed on specialist event websites including wherecanwego.com and stallfinder.com
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
It may be possible, in the absence of an overall sponsor, and given sufficient time for us to liaise with all interested parties, for split sponsorship to be arranged for distinct parts of the Carnival at lower prices. These opportunities could include, for example, sponsoring the Food Court or the Traditional Games and could benefit from:
• Branding in and/or around the sponsored activity
• Full colour advertisement in the Carnival programme
• A stall near to the sponsored activity
If you would like to be part of a great live event and would be interested in sponsoring all or part of Copmanthorpe Carnival please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Martin Pickard on 01904 705530